This policy describes how United Property Realty collects, shares, and uses your information when you access our services. This policy applies to all of the services provided by United Property Realty LLC including the content, features, data, and software available on www.unitedpropertyrealty.com, our mobile applications, and other websites or applications that we operate (“Services”).
2. The Kinds of Information We Collect
a. Information You Provide
We collect content, images, and other information you provide to us when you access our Services, including when you complete webforms on www.unitedpropertyrealty.com or in our mobile application; create an account with us; communicate with us about our Services via comments, direct message, e-mail, SMS message, or phone; or respond to one of our surveys.
Categories of information you may provide to us include:
- Your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address;
- Your account log-in details;
- Photos and videos of your home (including metadata in the file);
- Circumstances related to your purchase or sale of a home;
- Homes you visit or view on our website or mobile application and your opinions about those homes;
- Reviews or comments you leave on our website, mobile application, or on other public websites;
- Your driver’s license or state ID information;
- Real estate offer letters;
- Information related to your financial ability to buy a home;
- Citizenship status (for tax calculation purposes); and
- Marital status (for tax calculation purposes).
When you request an offer for your home or do a virtual interior assessment with us, please do not provide photos or record videos with people or any sensitive information in them.
b. Information We Collect from Your Device(s)
We may collect the following information from the device that you use to access our Services:
- Device attributes such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, bandwidth, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins;
- Information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots) or whether a window is in the foreground or background;
- Identifiers unique to you, your device, or your account(s), such as device IDs, advertising IDs, and other similar static ID numbers such as those from apps or accounts you use;
- Information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location;
- Network and connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, and IP address; and
- Data from cookies, tags, pixels, web beacons, and log files stored on your device, including cookie IDs, page views, how often you visit our website or mobile application, and links you click on.
We generally use this information for your convenience and to improve our Services. For instance, we may use it to: (i) remember your information so that you do not have to re-enter it; (ii) provide you with customized content and information, including advertising; (iii) monitor the effectiveness of our Services; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and usage patterns; and (v) diagnose or fix technology problems.
c. Information We Collect When You Call Us
We may record phone or video calls with you for quality assurance purposes. Our customer service team members also enter certain information you provide into our customer service databases to ensure continuity and consistency throughout your experience with United Property Realty LLC.
d. Information We Collect from Partners, Service Providers, and Affiliated Businesses
We may collect information about you from our partners, service providers, and affiliated businesses in order to provide the Services, along with certain related products and services such as home financing, title insurance, escrow services, homebuilder partnership programs, real estate agent partnership programs, and, in cases where United Property Realty is not able to buy your home, access to other potential purchasers or brokers, or to listing agents who may be able to help with your home sale.
Information we gather about you from our partners, service providers, and affiliated businesses may include:
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS) information about your home or the home(s) you are interested in buying;
- Prequalification letters from financial institutions;
- Construction or purchase contracts;
- Information related to completion of the construction of your new home (if you are working with a homebuilder);
- Information about the condition of, and repairs to, your home and property;
- Information related to your home purchase, sale, moving dates, and financing in connection with helping us facilitate “trade-in” deals;
- Information about whether you may need homeowners insurance; and
- Information about how you engaged with an United Property Realty advertisement or social media post.
e. Information We Collect from Public Sources
Much of the information necessary to help you buy or sell your home is available from public government sources. We sometimes collect information from these sources so that you do not have to spend time looking for and aggregating it for us. For example, we may collect the following information about you and your home from public sources:
- Tax assessments of your home;
- The school district and public transportation available near your home;
- Information contained on the deed to your home, such as name, address, liens, encumbrances, and title;
- Sale prices of homes similar to your home (called “comparables”);
- The number of bedrooms and bathrooms in your home;
- Whether your home has access to features like a beach, boat dock, or parking garage;
- Whether your home is in an earthquake or flood zone or has any other condition that would affect its market value;
- Permits issued for remodels and additions;
- The finished and unfinished square footage of your home; and
- The year your home was built.
3. How We Use This Information
a. To Provide Our Services
We use the information that we collect about you to deliver our Services, including to personalize features and content to you. We use the information you provide to give you options for home buying and selling that may be relevant to your individual circumstances. As discussed in more detail below, you have choices about how and whether we process some of your information.
b. To Learn About the Home You May Want to Sell or Buy
If you are interested in selling, we use information you provide to us about the home, including photos and videos, to help us provide the Services to you and others. If you are interested in buying a home, we may consider information you provide us about the home you are interested in buying, including property profiles that you have indicated your interest in, to try to match you with homes you might want to purchase.
c. To Keep You, Your Information, and Our Properties Safe
United Property Realty cares about your safety. We use the monitoring and identity verification technologies described above to help keep you safe when you visit an home and to prevent property damage and fraud.
d. To Advertise Our Services
We may use information collected about you to provide you with relevant information about additional Services that United Property Realty or our affiliated companies offer, such as our trade-in program, home financing, and title insurance services. Specifically, we use information about how you interact with our website and mobile application, combined with information you provide us and information we collect from other sources, to serve you relevant advertising.
e. To Do Market Research
We are constantly striving to improve our customer experience. We conduct research into all aspects of the home buying and selling process to try to identify ways to make it better. Sometimes we use partner companies to conduct surveys of willing participants who offer suggestions as to how we might improve our Services. We also aggregate and analyze consumer information that we collect on our website, mobile applications, and from conversations with our customer service representatives to identify trends which inform how we change and grow.
f. To Support Information Security and Debugging
We may use information about you and your use of the Services to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and improve the security of our Services. We may also use this information to debug our Services to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
g. In Connection with a Dispute
We may use personal information to prosecute or defend against claims in court and other dispute resolution forums.
4. Why and How We Share Your Information
a. At Your Direction
We may share your information when you specifically direct us to do so. Examples of these situations include:
- Agent partnerships. United Property Realty works with both consumers and real estate agents. We may share your information with our agent partners in order to pair you with an agent who can help you through the home buying or selling process.
- Builder partnerships. United Property Realty partners with homebuilders to provide buyers who are purchasing new homes from these builders with the opportunity to request offers from United Property Realty for their current homes. When you are working with a homebuilder, we may share your information with them.
- Financing providers. If and to the extent you authorize us to do so, we may share your information with home financing providers, including United Property Realty LLC.
- Potential home buyers. We may work with trusted institutional home buyers to try to find a purchaser for the home.
- Escrow, closing attorney, title, homeowners’ insurance. If you need escrow, closing attorney, title insurance services, or homeowner’s insurance services, we may share your information with escrow, closing attorney, title, and homeowner’s insurance companies.
- Renovation companies. If you need renovation services, or to help us evaluate or repair homes we may acquire, we may share your information with renovation and construction companies.
- Other partners with whom you ask us to share your information.
b. With Our Affiliated Companies
We may share your information between our affiliated companies to the extent allowed by law.
c. With Service Providers
We may share your information with service providers, including payment processors, technology and infrastructure providers, digital communications services, commercial data and market research analysts, consumer report providers, auditors and accountants, physical site security providers, IT security and bug-fix partners, customer service providers, and other providers who perform services for and on our behalf for the sole benefit of us and our customers.
d. With Law Enforcement, Courts, or Government Agencies
We may share your information as necessary to respond to legal process or to regulatory authorities (such as pursuant to a subpoena, warrant, investigative demand from law enforcement, regulators, or others; national or international security letters; etc.); to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities (including fraud or stalking) and security or technical issues; to respond to or participate in commercial disputes (e.g., lawsuits or investigations); or to protect against fraud, claims, or other liability or harm to you, us, or others.
5. When Third Parties Benefit from United Property Realty Sharing Your Information with Them
a. “Selling” Your Data
United Property Realty LLC is not a data broker. However, in some circumstances we share your information with third parties not owned by or co-branded with United Property Realty Specifically:
- Social media. If you use our Services, we may provide information about that use to social media networks who will use it to better target advertising.
- Third-party home buyers. We may share your information with institutional home buyers to try to find a purchaser for the home.
- Home insurance agencies. If you may need homeowners insurance, we may share your information with homeowners insurance agencies and those agencies may reach out to offer you a quote.
- Vendor due diligence. If you are an individual or business that wishes to provide services to United Property Realty LLC, we may share your information with a due diligence service to perform vendor due diligence. The due diligence provider may use this information to inform and further refine its risk analysis tools.
6. How We Protect Your Information
We use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, administrative, and procedural safeguards to preserve the integrity, confidentiality, and security of all personal information collected through the Services. However, no security measure, system, or control is infallible. Therefore, like all businesses, we cannot guarantee that our Services are invulnerable to attack or misuse.
b. Your Role
You have a major role in the security and privacy of your own information. For example, you should not provide us with personal information that we do not request. Additionally, you are responsible for controlling access to any personal computing device through which your information may be stored or accessed. You are also responsible for safeguarding any passwords or other log-in credentials that may be used to access your information, including in the United Property Realty environment. We recommend that you log out of any account when you are done using it.
c. Third Parties
Please remember to review the privacy settings and security policies of third-party sites and services that you use, such as social networks. We are not responsible for the privacy or security measures of any third party.
d. Incident Response
In the event that the security of any personal information under our control is compromised, we will take reasonable steps to investigate and mitigate the situation, including, when appropriate, notifying those individuals whose information may have been compromised and taking other steps in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
7. Opting Out of Our Communications
If you are interested in no longer being contacted by United Property Realty, we want to facilitate that. You may click on the unsubscribe links in our marketing emails, text STOP in response to marketing texts, and request removal from our mailer list at email@example.com or contact us at 954.597.5527.
8. California Consumer Privacy Act Rights
a. About the California Consumer Privacy Act
In addition to United Property Realty’s general privacy policies, consumers that are California residents (hereinafter, “you”) have specific rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). They include:
- The right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, and share about you, unless subject to a legal exception.
- The right to opt-out of sale to third parties of any personal information about you (as sale is defined by the CCPA).
- The right to request that we delete personal information about you, unless subject to a legal exception.
- The right to be notified that we collect personal information about you, and the purposes for which the information will be used. This right applies to job applicants, employees, directors, officers and contractors, as well California consumers.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level of quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
9. Updates and Questions
This policy is updated regularly. We will promptly make any changes available at unitedpropertyrealty.com/privacy. Changes will be effective as soon as the updated policy is posted unless otherwise stated.Questions about this policy can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 954.597.5527.
This Policy was last modified on November 1, 2021.